Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I've been hiding

It's something I do when I stop living in the moment. I "let life happen" rather than happening to life. One thing goes "whoops" and I run to the comfort zone -- and sit for 2 months!

Yikes. But progress is being made. I'm here. I'm pushing forward. I'm that turtle sticking my head out of her shell again.

The last two months I've been continuing on the running path - but very very slowly. I developed a pinched nerve and then just nerves. I ended up at the doctor and physical therapist. The nerve is okay. My nerves are getting better. I'm walking/jogging regularly, but only jogging about 30 seconds for every 4 minutes of walking -- 35 minutes or so three times a week. It's enough. It won't get to me the finish line running in a 5k this year, but it will get me there a some point.

And I've recognized that I'm okay with it.

I'm happy. It is a strange feeling for me, but I like where I am and I like what I'm trying to accomplish. I like thinking about it and I like planning it. I still have problems with carrying it out, but God is with me. What more could I need?

No comments:

Post a Comment