See that bus?
That's MY RIDE to work 4 days a week. It's a bus, yes. But it is a NICE bus. Earlier this week someone said to me "a bus? YUCK.", but I'm thankful for the bus. I can ride my bike to the park-and-ride in the summer. I use very little gas in my car. And the seats are cushy; the air conditioning and heat generally work; and I don't have to hassle with the traffic.
Many mornings I sleep on the way to work -- it's not good to do that because waking up the 2nd time is harder than waking up the first time. So I've taken to listening to the radio, reading, knitting, or Sudoku.
On the way home, I can veg out -- and again, I'm not fighting the traffic. By the time I get home (it's generally a 45-50 minute ride), I'm more relaxed than when I left work and ready for the evening.
It's a small thing to be grateful for, but today I'm thankful for the bus.
No comments:
Post a Comment