I talk to the shop employees about the class, the pattern, the yarn. They ask me who I am knitting it for (I read that as "you can't be knitting this for you..."). They have to "consult" with each other to figure out how much yarn I need. The look that passes between them is screaming to me that it's way past time to turn and run.
But I didn't. I signed up. I will do this.
Was I overly sensitive? Probably. But that is my fear speaking and one day at a time I'm facing those fears. I've let what I think others are thinking keep me from thinking better about myself.
Babe Ruth said "Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game"
Let it be a lesson to you that patterns come in all sizes for all people. You yourself said you didn't need the largest size afterall. Do we ever really know what someone else is thinking? You are a wonderfully strong person to take time to do make your own sweater! The shoemaker's kids go barefoot.
ReplyDelete