The wedding was wonderful and it was a great goal, but I know I said things like "I can't think about *that* until after the wedding." It was a time point and everything led up to it. It's over and now what. My friends that came into town are gone. My family is back to their normal routines, some of them out of town. I don't have any immediate deadlines (because I didn't set any for anything else) and I'm aimless.
This allows me to start thinking and I don't always think along the right lines. I think about how much I miss the kids and I can't wait until they are back from their honeymoon and I can talk to them about the wedding (there is that dang wedding again!). I start thinking about how inadequate I am because I don't have any more goals or plans and of course that leads down a really ugly slope. And this time I'm also thinking about an incident that occurred that is threatening a very deep and special friendship.
So I get up this morning realizing that I'm thinking these negative thoughts and start praying. I need God to help me find a way out of this "bad habit" that I have. I turn over my perpetual calendar to July 4 and read:
Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness,
and all these things will be given to you as well.
Matthew 6:33
Talk about immediate answers. Why is it that I ever doubt that God is my answer? Why is it that I don't just praise him in the morning and then just jump in with both feet. Will he actually tell me what my next goal should be? Will he actually give me direction and fill my day? Maybe, maybe not. But how can it be an aimless day if I start it with God (and a BIG cup of coffee)?
So to anyone out there reading this I give you the same advice -- Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Your day will be better because of it.
"So to anyone out there reading this I give you the same advice -- Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Your day will be better because of it."
ReplyDeleteThanks.