To get myself out of that kind of mood I decided to do some of my favorite things. I sat at my favorite spot in the sunroom--knitting, drinking coffee, watching the rain come down.
That knitting is a Mystery Shawl I'm participating in over the internet! I ordered the yarn and we get a different clue every week or so. I don't know what the finished shawl will look like. I feel so adventerous! There are beads in that shawl. I've learned how to add beads as I'm knitting and it's been fun. There is a discussion thread where all of us who are participating can chat back and forth...and see pictures of what everyone else is doing. I finished Clue 1 on Saturday which is a very good thing, because Clue 2 came out on Friday.
That coffee sitting there is half caffeinated and half decaffeinated. SIGH. I'm working on cutting out caffeine so what else can I do? At least it is still coffee (maybe). I'm not sure if I can make the final change to totally decaffeinated -- why drink coffee if it's not loaded?
So while I'm sitting there Saturday afternoon, enjoying my time, I looked around to find the cat and the dog. It was far too quiet for too long. And guess what I saw? Reba and Misty closer together than I've ever seen them! THEY were also enjoying the rainy Saturday afternoon.
I decided not to think about the fact that ice that will form early in the week as the temperatures drop again and just enjoy the blessings of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment