Saturday, February 20, 2010

Wild Pink Socks

Yes, that is me with my feet on my desk at work.  But LOOK at those socks!  Aren't they just fun and energetic and happy? 

They remind me of the way I feel when I am close to God.  When I am right with God.  When I have spent time studying, contemplating and growing. 

Life is a wild ride and it is so easy to get off course.  A little something here, a wrong step there and the pieces of my life don't fit together.  I'm uncomfortable and disagreeable and I don't like myself. 

It's a slow fade when you give yourself away
It's a slow fade when black and white have turned to gray
Thoughts invade, choices are made, a price will be paid
When you give yourself away
People never crumble in a day
Daddies never crumble in a day
Families never crumble in a day
 
Oh be careful little eyes what see
Oh be careful little eyes what you see
For the Father up above is looking down in love
Oh be careful little eyes what you see
Casting Crowns - "Slow Fade"


But when my line to God is active, things feel and look different.

I'm less stressed and capable of thinking rather than reacting (which often gets me in trouble).  I'm able to see the good in situations and don't let the feeling of being out-of-control take over.  I have a split second where I can actually think, breathe, and process.  The daily things become something to be thankful about and to be in awe over.  Like the fact that I STILL have NO gray hair!

Pink (there is a lot of pink in those socks) is not normally a color I like or am comfortable wearing.  But God tells me that I need to expand and explore - to go where He asks me to go.  Now He didn't ask me to wear these socks, but when I see them and I realize that I'm liking the pink, I'm in awe of how He communicates with me.  Once again, I'm trying something new and growing.  I'm enjoying the process and am not totally wound up in the final outcome.

As I spend my Lent contemplating God's gifts to me, I thank Him for being an active communicator in my life.  For giving me the Bible and Prayer so that I can learn and be connected to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment