Lipstick needs to be re-applied about every 30 minutes. So I wonder, why even start with it in the morning?
If gas prices are cheap enough, I can avoid McDonald's! I was having a battle today with myself. I was late at an appointment and trying to get to another one; I wasn't going to be able to eat my planned lunch because of being late. I was justifying to myself a stop at McDonald's when I noticed gas for $2.48 a gallon. I pulled in to fill up the tank and went inside to go to the bathroom. I walked by cheese and grapes and somehow or other they ended up coming with me. I never did stop at McDonald's.
Loon calls in the house cause chaos with the cat and dog. I was listening to loon calls on UTube --the dog went nuts barking and trying to get outside. The cat went flat on the floor, ears back, tail still. Prey was in the house and she was going to find it. They ended up chasing each other; one ended up in the basement and the other ended up under the bed.
My brain was not *fixed* when I had lap-band surgery. I really thought the surgeon had played with my brain as well as my stomach when I had my surgery in February. I was flying along doing so well. May was a different story. The battles are back; this time though I'm winning more than I'm losing!
I should not wear black. It's not a good color for me. So then what do I wear to a funeral? And what do I get to replace the *little black dress*? Hmmm.
Shopping won't kill me -- my budget, yes. Me, no.
A lot of places I go to are 30-35 miles from my house: my son and daughter-in-law are 32 miles, work is 34 miles, Woodbury (where I've been spending one evening a week) is 33 miles, the best pedicure in Minneapolis/St. Paul is 33 miles (thanks Becky!).
5 Adults, 4 suitcases, and a variety of carry-ons DO fit in my car. The car doesn't respond quickly under these circumstances, but we all fit.
Reba is losing her hearing. Several nights this month she did not hear the car come home and she did not meet me at the door joyfully welcoming me home from work. This makes me sad.
If I open up and am honest, I feel better about myself or a certain situation. I may not like what I see, but if I face it rather than ignore it I'm so much better off. And I CAN do it!
God holds me by my right hand. God. And He tells me "Don't be afraid. I am here to help you." (Isaiah 41:13)
What have you learned in May?
Friday, May 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment