Friday, May 7, 2010

You Thrill me, Lord!

Last weekend I spent 2 days with people I didn't know. I flew to Charlotte, NC, and paid money to put myself out of my comfort zone -- to learn about beauty. The only thing that the 10 of us had in common, as far as I knew, was a love of Jesus and a desire to learn how to dress and adorn ourselves to best display God’s creation (our human body). As the weekend progressed I discovered that we had so much more in common than that.

We are all women with families and friends and things that don't go right. We are all women with feelings and emotions that we don't always know what to do with. We are all women struggling to find out where God wants us and concerned that we might be missing His leading. We are all women who have had heart ache and joy and anxiety and peace. Our time of life might be different, but we all know who to turn to where ever we are in life. We all prayed and we all had fun when mixed with others that we didn't know.

I didn’t expect to feel so comfortable and so loved. I didn’t anticipate the warmth and the encouragement and the vitality and the sharing. I went into this just knowing I was afraid and I was going to push myself; I didn’t really allow myself to think about it because then I wouldn’t go. I didn’t really EXPECT to benefit other than taking one more step in my journey.

I was so overwhelmed with all the goodness I still haven’t come down! I flew home so very tired and so filled with wonder. I have new things to consider when dressing (I’ll do another blog post on this); I have new friends to get to know and to pray for; I have seen what God does when women who love him join together. My spirit is so much lighter. God has once again shown me that He has plans and if I follow I will be enriched with love and joy.



Psalm 92:1-4:

It is good to give thanks to the LORD,
to sing praises to the Most High.
It is good to proclaim your unfailing love in the morning,
your faithfulness in the evening,
accompanied by the ten-stringed harp
and the melody of the lyre.
You thrill me, LORD, with all you have done for me!
I sing for joy because of what you have done.




No comments:

Post a Comment