"One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things." Henry Miller
I had the most incredible thought today….Jesus is leading me home. I was listening to Bart Millard's "Hymned" CD and the basic simpleness of the songs had me really concentrating on Jesus as I sang them. Then the thought struck me. I KNOW where I'm going. I’m not fighting through life to some “unknown” place.
In the last few months I've been able to express that I'm afraid, afraid of the unknown, afraid of moving forward into something that I know nothing about. I've said that I want to grow and change.
Lately I've been able to push myself into it and say I'll take it one day, one step, one thought at a time, but I'm still afraid.
Well, DUH...Jesus is leading me, not standing on the side just encouraging me, not pushing from behind in the form of a guilty conscience. He is leading me through this life. He is out in front -- he is my light. Isaiah 42:16 says "I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them."
I will look at this in a new and different way. That is what growth is about. Looking at things differently. Going where I have not gone. Trusting that God is leading me to Him. I don't know how to say this, but it is a joyful struggle rather than a struggle just for life's sake. The next step is to remind myself that Jesus is leading me and I am being led home -- to Him, to Heaven, to Eternity.
I was blind, but now I see -- one more step in the right direction. And one more step is all I need for today because I KNOW that that one step leads me closer to home -- the direction of my Lord and Savior.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Have you read Footprints in The Sand?
ReplyDelete