Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tulips and One More Scary Thing

It's a tulip! I love tulips and I have a small pot on my table with about 6 plants in it. I just bought it on Friday and today the flowers are pushing their way out between the leaves. I was smiling when I left for work today and I couldn't wait to see how much they had grown by the time I got home from work. There's something about tulips that are so joyful. Spring is coming--okay it's only February, but spring IS coming. (Pitchers and catchers report in less than a week!)

I did something today that "scared me". I tried on the sweater. It only comes to just under my bustline and I KNEW it wouldn't fit; nothing ever fits (my destructive thinking getting to me). But it was okay. It made me smile because it was okay. I will admit that it made me excited to finish it. Two more classes so it will be a little while yet.

I'm ignoring the fact that wearing only 1/2 the body of a sweater that still has no sleeves, I was already getting hot. And I am ignoring the fact that round necklines are very uncomfortable. I'll address those issues once the sweater is done and I decide to wear it for a while. I will probably sweat all over it, but I am making a sweater for myself!

I can already envision some of the others that I will make that will have different necklines and short sleeves. Look at what just one step has done.

Something else I realize as I'm writing this. I keep wanting to call the sweater "the thing". I am noticing more and more how negatively I think about things. "The thing" -- what? It is a beautiful purple sweater, woolly and soft. That negative stuff HAS to change.

And I am -- step by step. One scary thing every day. I am so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Not only are you blessed, you are a blessing! I feel inspired just reading what you've written. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete