"Victory is the quality of the competition, not the final score" ... Mike Marshall
My past patterns have had me looking only at the final outcome. Can I do this project or thing or activity perfectly? Of course I can't; and, therefore, have a very difficult time allowing myself to even start.
As I'm going through this journey of discovery and growth I have realized that life is not about my finished projects, but about God's love and acceptance of me as the imperfect person that I am. He is looking for me to enjoy the journey, to give Him glory in my attempts to do things. I can see Him right now shaking His head in frustration as I just don't get it, as I hold back one more time because I won't be able to do "it" right.
But the new thoughts, the willingness to move forward, the courage that He is blessing me with...they have always been in me; I just haven't seen them or allowed myself to trust Him. I've been too concerned about the final score. The end product.
God made me, sent His Son for me, loves me unconditionally -- I am quality stuff simply because God made me that way. If I follow His nudges and directions, I am doing quality actions...it doesn't make a difference if I only get one step into something -- if God is directing it, it is quality.
So my next step is to remind myself of this every time fear or doubt surfaces. God made me; I am quality stuff. What I do in my life is quality stuff as long as I watch for His direction and follow it....so I'm going out and playing the game!
The final score is already known -- God wins and I spend eternity with Him.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment