Thursday, September 3, 2009

Chosen

Today I am thankful that I am chosen by God. I cannot imagine life without hope and hope is God. God created me and He chose me to be His child. I am so very grateful.

I can't begin to express what this means to me other than I get up every morning and go to bed each night, knowing that I am loved and special. I know that I have a purpose. I may not always understand and I may not always follow the right path. He fills me with joy and love and peace. He gives me a place to put my fears and my doubts, my anger and my hurt.

My grateful journal this month is an exercise to keep me from thinking negative thoughts and to work myself away from a hurtful situation. If I put my thoughts with God He changes them from negative to positive, from fearful to hopeful. I recognize that He knows the whole story and I know only bits of it. For a few more minutes I can be optimistic and move forward.

I am grateful that I am chosen by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment