Friday, September 11, 2009

Orange

Doesn't the color orange just make you smile? It does me. I've loved orange forever, but it hasn't been a "fashionable" color for a very long time.

My first orange "statement" was orange countertops in my kitchen in a house we built in 1978 -- yes, the 70's and the famous orange shag carpeting. We didn't have any of that but my countertops were orange. And I loved them.

We moved out of that house in 1990 and I don't think I've seen orange in fashion in any way since then. Until now. I have orange walls in my living room and dining room; I have an orange mouse pad for my computer; I have an orange purse and I have these lovely orange Crocs. I love them. I can find orange in any type of store I go into these days -- clothing, furniture, accessories, even cars. The "publish post" button in Blogger is even orange!

I am grateful for this wonderful funky color orange. And yes, today as I was struggling with changing my negative thoughts to positive thoughts I put on my orange Crocs and took the dog for a walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment