Friday, June 3, 2011

Fences, Doorways, and Paths

I love fences, paths, stairways, doors.  They suggest that there is someplace to go.  Where does it lead?  What adventure is around the corner, behind the door, up the stairs?















I read this quote this morning:

The strength of man consists in finding out the way in which God is going, and going in that way too.    --Henry Ward Beecher

I am trying to change -- consciously trying to change.  I have to continuously remind myself to make decisions based on what God wants.  Following Him.  Learning to trust Him and "going in that way too."  When I see the path that follows the fence, the stairs that go up and around, the door that opens to the unknown, I think about how God is leading me and I am learning to follow.

I am so blessed!  I have ears that are open and a heart that is willing.  I have a mind that is inquiring and friends to help me along the way. 

I'll get there, wherever "there" is.  In God's timing. 

And I'll make sure I enjoy the journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment