Friday, June 10, 2011

Rainbows

The day started out pretty bad.  I spilled coffee on myself -- and the clothes I was wearing were the last clean clothes in my suitcase.  Having to deal with this little problem made me late for work.

It seemed like every phone call and email I received the first hour I was there were complaints and demands.  My spirit was low because I was missing home.  Then my temporary cap fell out AGAIN!

Now I'm sitting in the airport in Rapid City.  There are 5 gates, one "deli", a couple of vending machines, and a plane that is going to be an hour late!  MINE!  So now I'm leaving here at 7:15 and landing about 10 Central Time.  Ugh. 

I'm looking out the windows and it's raining, but the sun is also shining.  I know there is a rainbow out there, but I can't find it.  I know it's there because God promised it would be there. 

God promises that I will have His peace if I pray, telling Him what I need and thanking Him for what I have.  Philippians 4:6-7

He will be with me.  I don't need to be afraid.  Isaiah 41:10

God began a good work in me and He will finish it.  He won't give up on me.  Philippians 1:6

God is ABLE to do what He promises.  Romans 4:20-21

He will keep me from falling and until I joyfully stand in His presence without blemish.  June 1:24

I really have no idea where I'm going with this.  I just started thinking about the rainbow and my mind went to promises and the good feeling I get as I know that my God is someone who I can trust and love and depend on.  It makes up for the bad start to the morning.

I guess I need to make another round of the windows to see if I can find that rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment