I didn't make it. I did not write 7 days in a row. It wasn't a battle with myself to write or not write. I didn't choose to not write. I just forgot. It simply did not cross my mind for 3 days. Now WHERE is the commitment in that?
So here I am again, committing to write 7 days in a row.
I think it is a bigger thing for me than I suspected. How is it that I can commit to and live in a 30 year marriage, but I can't write consistently for 7 days? I can't go 3 days without having a certain very splendiferous coffee concoction from Caribou? I can't make it through one day following a plan? I say the words, but obviously one commitment is different than another commitment. I finish all kinds of projects at work, but I can't/don't follow through on projects at home. Are you seeing a pattern?
The commitments I make that involve other people I keep (okay, most of the time I keep them). But commitments I make that involve me and no other person aren't kept. I blow them off, I forget them, I don't follow through. Is it an I-don't-want-to-do-the-work kind of thing? I do it at work or marriage because I have to? And how do I get around this?
As I think about it there are a lot of things that I don't finish or follow through on that I really like to do -- knitting projects, quilting projects, etc. So it also doesn't make a difference if it's something I like to do or really hate doing (cleaning windows!).
This is an interesting puzzle (I do usually finish my Sudoku games) and I'm not sure what the answer is. It's time for some prayer and reading God's word seeing if He will give me any insight.
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shelly. I have similar problems and I've found mine is rooted in not feeling that I deserve to succeed. When other people are involved I do the work because they are good enough to deserve my effort. So for me it's seeking to believe my worth in Gods eyes make me worth the effort. Just thought I'd put that out there.
ReplyDelete