Thursday, June 9, 2011

Today - June 9

I am thankful today.  Especially for the people God has put into my life. 

I woke up feeling refreshed and ready for the day.  When frustration hit several times, a co-worker called with a corny joke and another co-worker walked by singing "Hey Hey We're the Monkees....".  I had to laugh.

I'm in our Rapid City location.  I've been here for 10 days.  Today when I was ready to walk out the door from the stress of training and the 75 emails that were flying around I was told that Methusela was celebrating his 130th birthday and we should get a day off.  Huh?  Methusela, a tortoise, Rapid City, Reptile Gardens....I had to ask a lot of questions to get that information.  And it made me laugh and forget the emotions that were getting in the way of the joy of today.

My daughter called and asked me if I had a minute for some questions.  I told her I had twelve minutes.  After we were done talking she texted me back and told me we only talked for 6 minutes and 49 seconds.  She was banking the other 5 minutes and 11 seconds for a future phone call!

As I got out of the car after work and was walking to the apartment I realized I had twirled in a circle and was humming "Hey Hey We're the Monkees....."! 

Today was a joyful day.  God was everywhere.  Tomorrow will be another joyful day.  God will be everywhere.  Will it be the people?  the weather?  the possibilities?  the firm knowledge that I am loved and special in His eyes?  Maybe all of it? 

I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. You inspire me shelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

    Isaiah 40:31


    Have a great day Shelley. Praying for you today. Deb:)

    ReplyDelete